Consular registration means keeping the record of Georgian citizens temporarily or permanently staying abroad. You can get registered if you are:
- Georgian citizen temporarily staying abroad;
- Georgian citizen permanently staying abroad;
- Stateless person permanently staying in Georgia.
Consular registration does not lead to any kind of legal consequences or obligations from you and aims to effectively protect your rights by a Consular Office; for example: to identify where you are and to effectively assist you in a state of emergency in a foreign country.
Consular registration will let you to participate in parliamentary and presidential elections of Georgia abroad.
You can get consular registration by visiting a consular office or by post. But you can most easily get consular registration through the web page: www.geosonul.gov.ge
List of documents to be submitted:
- Any kind of document proving that the applicant is a citizen of Georgia or a stateless person permanently staying in Georgia;
- In case of applying for consular registration by proxy - a proxy form and an ID card of a person acting as proxy.
- A photo and a document proving you’re staying in a foreign country (not necessary).
There are different procedures concerning the documents to be submitted in case of applying for consular registration via the web page. It is necessary to submit a photo.
The applicant may be denied the service if:
- An applicant’s permanent or temporary residence place is not in the consular district of a consular office;
- The service is not required by an authorised person.
The applicant may be denied the service (if applied through the web page) if:
- It can not be identified submitted personal data;
- It can not be identified the applicant’s staying fact abroad.
The service is free of charge.